1337 XStitch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This form is for http://1337xstitch.yolasite.com/ Its for people who love to cross stitch Anime, Video Games, Japanese, Geeky, and or Nerdy patterns.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Video Games

Go down 
+10
cristiaso
Awenmir
Chrislea
Sherri
Topcho
Eryn
Deejay Beta
missy-tannenbaum
DawnMLC
Zaraphena
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Zaraphena

Zaraphena

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Video Games   Video Games I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:55 pm

Starting with the obvious, I know alot of us have played Kingdom Hearts, but I'm wondering what other games does everyone like? Is there any particular game system you prefer? Any particular type of game (RPG, first person shooter, racing, etc.)?

I myself, love RPGs, like Kingdom Hearts 1 &2, Dark Cloud 1 & 2, and the Jak and Daxter games. I also love me some pokemon games. I have been playing pokemon games sence the original Red and Blue versions came out in the mid ninties. Can't wait for the newest, Heart Gold and Soul Silver to come out, for the ten year anniversery of Silver, Gold and Crystal to come out this year. (good GODS I feel old when I think about how long ago pokemon first came out.) DDR is another set of games I love, along with Guitar Hero. I've never played Rock Band, but I'd love to get a copy of the Beatles edition thats coming out.
Back to top Go down
DawnMLC

DawnMLC

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:18 am

We pretty much only get RPG or Sim games in this house.

I love my Animal Crossings DS, my Harvest Moon games (has 3 (2 ds- one playstation 2)and racing games too!! I loved my Cooking Mamma game and still trying to get my golds in that.
The Dark Cloud games were pretty cool!! Wishes they would put another one out with lots of fishing in it!! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://crossstitchanime.110mb.com/WebPageOpening.html
missy-tannenbaum
missy-tannenbaum

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:40 am

I feel a little sad that I was a straight A-student English major and the video games question is so much easier for me to answer than the favorite books one. >< My favorite game series are probably Pokemon and King of Fighters, which I know must come as a total shock, and with Pokemon, at least, it extends to spin off games as well. Dumb as it may be, I still play Pokemon Puzzle League on Virtual Console, and Pokemon Trozei was a really fun (and even cuter) puzzle game, too. My obsession with 2D fighting games is really bad right now, since the games are really cheap for PS2 and a ton of King of Fighters games, as well as other SNK fighters, are on the market right now, and my Neo Geo Pocket Color is one of my prized possessions. (I'm currently playing Cardfighter's Clash for both NGPC and DS, because I, apparently, know how to live it up.)
Other than the series I take a dangerous liking to, I also really like Disgaea and have tons of fun playing Singstar in big groups of people. I play a lot of tiny cute games on my iPod, too, but I'm not sure any of those qualify as favorites. ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://dorkstitch.blogspot.com
Deejay Beta
Admin
Admin
Deejay Beta

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:56 am

I was born with a playstation controller in my hand. I have a backwards compatible ps3 so I can play all of my old games without having a wired controller >.< <-- awesome! I am an absolute KH crazy but it sounds like most of us are. Harvest Moon 64 was amazing, Dark Cloud, Final Fantasy X is the only video game that got me close to crying. The World Ends With You is one of the best games on the DS.
Back to top Go down
http://kairi-chan16.deviantart.com/
Eryn

Eryn

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:22 am

*chuckles*
to shock the masses:
I have never/do not/will never play Kingdom Hearts!
I love the story and the characters...but I suck at these jump and run and fight kinda games
for me it's round based role playing or nothing
Thus I love games like Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy Tactics is a must as well, and Disgaea
The last one I got for DS virtually as soon as I found out it existed since up till then only a friend of mine had it for Playstation.
I also like the Lost in Blue games. But they are very exhausting to play for a long time u.u
and Harvest moon and Rune Factory are great as well, got both for DS
Beside that the only game I really play is Guild Wars, a mmorpg and the only game where it's not turn based when it comes to fighting
Back to top Go down
Deejay Beta
Admin
Admin
Deejay Beta

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:37 am

hahaha that is the funniest and most logical reason I have ever heard from someone not playing KH >.< I can totally respect that.

I liked playing Lost in the Blue also. But the game was so glitch it was extremely hard. I loved that you didn't see the ending coming and that you could end it in many different ways. I just wish they had waited longer to fix the glitches.
Back to top Go down
Topcho

Topcho

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:41 pm

I suppose I should be terribly ashamed of this fact, but the truth is that I've never played any video games. My career of pc gamer is also short. I'm in love with the FF and Devil may cry stuff but I never actually played any of these games. Even if I tried, I'll probably won't last more than minute. Even the ghosties of Pacman are enough to kill me Crying or Very sad
So I'm very happy with the fact that Davil May Cry (DMC... this is an omen! ) was turned in anime. I'm waiting for the day when this will happen to Kingdom hearts too... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://topchochan.blogspot.com/
Sherri

Sherri

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 8:16 pm

I never played KH or FF but I love comp games. I play on PC, not PS and whatever else...
I am currently into Wonderland Online. <3 I also like Howrse, Dragon Cave and the West.
Back to top Go down
http://pralinkova-princezna.deviantart.com/
Zaraphena

Zaraphena

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 8:16 pm

Topcho wrote:
I suppose I should be terribly ashamed of this fact, but the truth is that I've never played any video games. My career of pc gamer is also short. I'm in love with the FF and Devil may cry stuff but I never actually played any of these games. Even if I tried, I'll probably won't last more than minute. Even the ghosties of Pacman are enough to kill me Crying or Very sad
So I'm very happy with the fact that Davil May Cry (DMC... this is an omen! ) was turned in anime. I'm waiting for the day when this will happen to Kingdom hearts too... Embarassed
At the very least, KH is a manga. They've got Kingdome Hearts and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories complete, they're workin' through KH2 now.
Back to top Go down
Deejay Beta
Admin
Admin
Deejay Beta

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 2:19 am

I love the characters in Devil May Cry but I can't play the game at all. I was at Otakon 2 years ago when the anime was just coming out and it was amazing. I really need to sit down and watch it. Does it have a lot to do with the games?
Back to top Go down
Topcho

Topcho

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:14 pm

Zaraphena wrote:
Topcho wrote:
At the very least, KH is a manga. They've got Kingdome Hearts and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories complete, they're workin' through KH2 now.
Awesome! I didn't know there was a manga, I will definitely try to find it! Thanks for letting me know!
Back to top Go down
http://topchochan.blogspot.com/
Zaraphena

Zaraphena

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 2:21 pm

Sherri wrote:
I never played KH or FF but I love comp games. I play on PC, not PS and whatever else...
I am currently into Wonderland Online. <3 I also like Howrse, Dragon Cave and the West.
My favorate computer game is Maplestory XD
Back to top Go down
Chrislea

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 5:24 pm

RPGs and sim games are my favorites - as long as they're not sci-fi. My favorite RPGs are Final Fantasy (don't make me choose just one), Chrono Trigger (geek <--Chrono?), Seiken Densetsu 3, etc. When it comes to sim games, I like Harvest Moon and Tokimeki Memorial.

You know, it's funny, Kingdom Hearts... I enjoy the games a bit, but I never replay KH1, and when I'm through with KH2, I probably won't replay it, either. For me, the fun is in the fandom - and in Chain of Memories. LOVE that battle system.
Back to top Go down
Awenmir

Awenmir

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 7:31 pm

I love Kingdom hearts too Very Happy. Has anyone here played the new DS one - 358/2 days? It llooks really interesting... I also love Final Fantasy but I'm only really good at the turn based battle ones- I never got very far in XII for that reason! I'm really tempted to buy a PSP just for Dissidia and Crisis core lol.

I'm playing Okami on the wii at the moment too which is really fun- the Wii-mote is just perfect for doing all the brush strokes! Aside from those there's Zelda and Professor Layton! There's just too many to choose from >.<!
Back to top Go down
http://awenmir.deviantart.com
Zaraphena

Zaraphena

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:52 pm

OMGS I WANT THE NEW KH SOO BADLY! One of my friend's bought it before it came out XD
Back to top Go down
cristiaso

cristiaso

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 12:18 pm

I loved Kingdom Hearts...only got about 1 1/2 hrs into KH 2 (pregnant and moving then)...played some of Chain of Memories (not in love with the battle style)...and played some of the new one for the DS (in Japanese) love the imagery, but have no idea what is going on. I fell in love with the design and imagery in the games. On the other side I LOATHE Final Fantasy...trust me I have tried to play it...that game stories you to death! I sat down one final time to try and play one of those games because someone told me that FFX was just "fantastic"...30 min into starting it I still hadn't played at all...I chucked the controller and almost broke the disc when I took it out. Evil or Very Mad

My husband introduced me to Dragon Quest (love it), Pokemon (love it more), and many others that I like a lot now. I also love puzzle games, and tend to get addicted to them and have to play them until I win.
Back to top Go down
coincollect408

coincollect408

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 12:37 pm

haha, i've never actually picked up a playstation controller, sans the one day i sat down and played crash bandicoot*.
Super Smash Bros. on the other hand, I've only met two people who can beat me more than twice. I'm beast at GameCube Very Happy
I also enjoy NES (old school) I must say, Kirby and the original Mario Bros. games are my forte!!
I unfortunately don't have anything newer than a GameCube or a GameBoy Advanced, however I love the original three pokemon games (red, blue, yellow) ain't no school like old school Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://coincollect408.deviantart.com
Zaraphena

Zaraphena

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 2:15 pm

Ok, I'm wondering, has anyone else played Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly? I finally start playing it again, because I never really get very far with it, and I wanted to play the next one, so I sat down and played it. THREE DAYS LATER when I beat it (which is an increadiably short time for me) I was left sitting on my bed 'wtf'ing about the whole game. Did anyone else feel this way? Has anyone played any of the other Spyro games, like A New Beginning and A Hero's Tale? PLEASE TELL ME THEY DON'T SUCK AS BAD AS ENTER THE DRAGONFLY!
Back to top Go down
DawnMLC

DawnMLC

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 7:42 pm

We didn't like Spyro-- Enter the Dragonfly-- thank goodness it was just a rental!!!
If you want to play one-- play the first one they put out!!
Back to top Go down
http://crossstitchanime.110mb.com/WebPageOpening.html
Zaraphena

Zaraphena

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 11:26 pm

DawnMLC wrote:
We didn't like Spyro-- Enter the Dragonfly-- thank goodness it was just a rental!!!
I think Spyro: Year of the Dragon, the third game, was my favorate.
Back to top Go down
Awenmir

Awenmir

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 2:01 pm

Zaraphena wrote:
DawnMLC wrote:
That was my favorite one too! My brother loved playing as Sgt. bird Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
http://awenmir.deviantart.com
Deejay Beta
Admin
Admin
Deejay Beta

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 1:16 am

Awenmir wrote:
Zaraphena wrote:
DawnMLC wrote:
That was my favorite one too! My brother loved playing as Sgt. bird Very Happy.
Amen! I bet that game 3 times 100% I have put more of my childhood gaming life in that game than any other >.< Jak & Daxtar is a close second.
Back to top Go down
Zaraphena

Zaraphena

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 10:56 pm

FFIX was another fav. video game of mine. Probably because its the only FF set in a medivel setting. I like swords better then guns (exept irl >.> )
Back to top Go down
Deejay Beta
Admin
Admin
Deejay Beta

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 1:52 am

I have played all of the FF's but have only beaten 10 and 10-2 T.T i hate leveling up. I love Garnet though, they did an amazing job animating her.
Back to top Go down
cielo_wii

cielo_wii

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 1:08 am

I'm a fan of rpg's and fps's...and a lot more
On my list are FF series, Halo 3, I do play counter strike, and yeah, guitar hero...
Well, I'm also searching for cool games that I can add to my fave games.

Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.dressup.me/
Sponsored content

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Video Games
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
1337 XStitch :: General :: General Talk-
Jump to: