1337 XStitch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This form is for http://1337xstitch.yolasite.com/ Its for people who love to cross stitch Anime, Video Games, Japanese, Geeky, and or Nerdy patterns.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shion Sonozaki cross stitch special

Go down 
+3
Zaraphena
Eryn
max-the-rabbitything
7 posters
AuthorMessage
max-the-rabbitything

max-the-rabbitything

Shion Sonozaki cross stitch special Empty
PostSubject: Shion Sonozaki cross stitch special   Shion Sonozaki cross stitch special I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 7:37 pm

Hey all, you might remember me from DA (I'll post a welcome tomorrow.)

I added "Irrashaimase" to the Shion you may have seen on DA over the past few days and it will be exclusive to this forum! Exciting, right? There's a seam because this was too big for my scanner - sorry. She'll be framed tonight and will be put in a prime location to be the first thing any guests (including 100's of trick or treaters next month Very Happy ) see!

The text was done with satin navy blue floss and I think it really looks like dried ink in person. (I also have a pattern if anyone is interested)

[img]Shion Sonozaki cross stitch special Shion1[/img]
Back to top Go down
Eryn

Eryn

PostSubject: Re: Shion Sonozaki cross stitch special   Shion Sonozaki cross stitch special I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 7:41 pm

this looks like it's painted and not sewed Shocked
so awesome d(^.^)b
Back to top Go down
max-the-rabbitything

max-the-rabbitything

PostSubject: Re: Shion Sonozaki cross stitch special   Shion Sonozaki cross stitch special I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 7:50 pm

Eryn wrote:
this looks like it's painted and not sewed Shocked
so awesome d(^.^)b

Thanks! That was definitely the look I was going for ^^
Back to top Go down
Zaraphena

Zaraphena

PostSubject: Re: Shion Sonozaki cross stitch special   Shion Sonozaki cross stitch special I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:37 pm

That is very nice. I normaly don't have the patients to do anything large XD. Kokopelli for my mom took a good five months for me to complete, and it isn't even that large XD;
Back to top Go down
missy-tannenbaum
missy-tannenbaum

PostSubject: Re: Shion Sonozaki cross stitch special   Shion Sonozaki cross stitch special I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 12:41 am

I know that I commented on this on deviant art already, but it looks fantastic, and the calligraphy at the bottom is really nifty, too! I have to ask, though, is satin floss as difficult to work with as the ultra-shiny light effects?

Also, I'd be willing to bet that there'll be interest in the pattern! It's really well done- clean looking with nice colors- and the subject matter is popular, too. Plus, her hair looks *really* fun to stitch.
Back to top Go down
http://dorkstitch.blogspot.com
Topcho

Topcho

PostSubject: Re: Shion Sonozaki cross stitch special   Shion Sonozaki cross stitch special I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 4:00 pm

Awesome! Shocked
It would be nice to be welcomed with *Irashaimase~~~* from such girl, first thing when you enter a house Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://topchochan.blogspot.com/
max-the-rabbitything

max-the-rabbitything

PostSubject: Re: Shion Sonozaki cross stitch special   Shion Sonozaki cross stitch special I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 5:56 pm

Zaraphena wrote:
That is very nice. I normaly don't have the patients to do anything large XD. Kokopelli for my mom took a good five months for me to complete, and it isn't even that large XD;

Sometimes I'll have patience to stitch for hours on end, sometimes for only 20 minutes or less. If you just keep with it, you'll always finish eventually! ^^
Back to top Go down
max-the-rabbitything

max-the-rabbitything

PostSubject: Re: Shion Sonozaki cross stitch special   Shion Sonozaki cross stitch special I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 6:00 pm

missy-tannenbaum wrote:
I know that I commented on this on deviant art already, but it looks fantastic, and the calligraphy at the bottom is really nifty, too! I have to ask, though, is satin floss as difficult to work with as the ultra-shiny light effects?

Also, I'd be willing to bet that there'll be interest in the pattern! It's really well done- clean looking with nice colors- and the subject matter is popular, too. Plus, her hair looks *really* fun to stitch.

Well I haven't worked with the light effects floss yet (bought some of that Mew eye blue yesterday though) but the satin floss likes to get all tangled up while you're stitching. It can be a challenge to thread a needle with it too.

The pattern I have is only for the irasshaimase, but if anyone wants a Higurashi sprite to work with I'll be more than happy to share them. ^^
Back to top Go down
max-the-rabbitything

max-the-rabbitything

PostSubject: Re: Shion Sonozaki cross stitch special   Shion Sonozaki cross stitch special I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 6:02 pm

Topcho wrote:
Awesome! Shocked
It would be nice to be welcomed with *Irashaimase~~~* from such girl, first thing when you enter a house Very Happy

Thanks! Yes it is quite welcoming XD

Hopefully all the Higurashi girls will up there to greet me eventually ^^
Back to top Go down
Sherri

Sherri

PostSubject: Re: Shion Sonozaki cross stitch special   Shion Sonozaki cross stitch special I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 2:55 pm

It is awesome, my eyes nearly fell out. Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://pralinkova-princezna.deviantart.com/
Deejay Beta
Admin
Admin
Deejay Beta

PostSubject: Re: Shion Sonozaki cross stitch special   Shion Sonozaki cross stitch special I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:13 am

Wow she really does look painted. How long did it take you to finish her and how tall is she?
Back to top Go down
http://kairi-chan16.deviantart.com/
max-the-rabbitything

max-the-rabbitything

PostSubject: Re: Shion Sonozaki cross stitch special   Shion Sonozaki cross stitch special I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 2:12 pm

Thank you all!

It is 12in (30cm) tall and took about a month to do. She's mostly half stitched so that made it a bit faster to stitch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shion Sonozaki cross stitch special   Shion Sonozaki cross stitch special I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shion Sonozaki cross stitch special
Page 1 of 1