1337 XStitch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This form is for http://1337xstitch.yolasite.com/ Its for people who love to cross stitch Anime, Video Games, Japanese, Geeky, and or Nerdy patterns.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What is everyone working on??

Go down 
+3
max-the-rabbitything
ACL
DawnMLC
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DawnMLC

DawnMLC

What is everyone working on?? Empty
PostSubject: What is everyone working on??   What is everyone working on?? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:05 pm

I have decided tonite that I'm taking a break from stitching for a few day!!
I think I have been stitching way too much and need a serious break!!!
I have been pushing myself too hard getting this Bleach Sampler done!!

I'm just curious what everyone is working on right now!!!
Back to top Go down
http://crossstitchanime.110mb.com/WebPageOpening.html
ACL

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone working on??   What is everyone working on?? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:53 pm

What is everyone working on?? PixelBleach

Point at the pic that is what I am doing, and cross-stitiching Ryuk form Death Note.
A note to the pic, I will, or if anyone of you feel like it, turn them in to patterns, And they are all traced form diffrent bleach picture so they may lay more colors them then you can see. I seem to miss come colors.
And yay Ken-Chan down a the right corner is a spirit from on of the game more for a reference on how big the pictures are.

Well it is good to take some break from sitiching that is one reason i like doing stuff in paint. I dont know what to do next -_- And sorry if the english is really bad ^^'
Back to top Go down
max-the-rabbitything

max-the-rabbitything

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone working on??   What is everyone working on?? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 6:49 pm

ACL - I look forward to seeing a Ryuk cross stitch, he was my favorite char in Death Note!

Dawn - Good luck staying with your break, I know this hobby can irritate the fingers sometimes. I plan on sketching a pose for a St. Pat's day dakimakura tonight (starring Rena Ryuuguu) and am still working on a giant Felicia sprite Smile
Back to top Go down
Zaraphena

Zaraphena

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone working on??   What is everyone working on?? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 1:06 am

I'm currently working on articuno from Lil Mojo's collection of pokemon cross stitch patterns. Up to color number three.
Back to top Go down
missy-tannenbaum
missy-tannenbaum

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone working on??   What is everyone working on?? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 2:57 am

All of the stuff people are working on sounds so cool! I can't wait to see finished ones. ^^ As for myself, I just got my Mario/Princess Toadstool pattern flier in the mail today, so even though I have been working on Little Mojo's Hawkeye pattern, I'm going to be doing Princess Toadstool now. I love doing video game cross stitch with lots of backstitching and stuff, so it ought to be fun!
Back to top Go down
http://dorkstitch.blogspot.com
DawnMLC

DawnMLC

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone working on??   What is everyone working on?? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 9:41 am

ACL-- cool graphics-- my son was interested in ichigo so I might change it into a pattern in the future...

I'm happy that I was able to save alot of Mojo's patterns so people can stitch them-- I think it would surprise her alot that so many people are stitching them!!

Max and Miss T -- I can't wait until I see your future completed projects!!

I had a pretty lazy day yesterday-- I got caught up with my anime on my TV-- I totally love it--watching it on the big screen--better then watching on the computer. They are playing Tears of Tiara that I never finished watching before. My son,hubby and me are going to watch it together every Saturday -- Hubby will watch it because of the medieval theme to it! Plus my son wants him too!! Smile

Well everyone enjoy your week end!!
Back to top Go down
ACL

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone working on??   What is everyone working on?? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 6:56 pm

max-the-rabbitything,

well we will see how he gets to be in the end. Well I like him too, but I do need too read/watch Death note series, I never did finish it in the first place, the first four manga books took me like 3 times to read over and over, -_- and now we do have it in Swedish too, I hate it when the publish something in swedish and I purchase it in English before they release it in Swedish, The price is half of the English one so Swedish manga pocket are cheaper for me. But I do have some problems over the translating they do, And I also forget what vol I was reading last time so I need to read it over again and see the anime over again.

DawnMLC

Do so, I not really found of the Ichigo´s I did -_- they seem off in some way for me. Don´t know why may be the colours in them but there is some part I do like about them.

I must say as missy-tannenbaum say that it is interesting to hear what everybody do. And I can’t wait too see the result of you works.

Do you people have any Idée what to turn you finish cross-stitching in too? Pillows? bag?
Back to top Go down
max-the-rabbitything

max-the-rabbitything

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone working on??   What is everyone working on?? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 7:27 pm

What to turn projects into?

I either frame them or plan ahead to make pillows/cushions Smile

Sprites can make good refrigerator magnets too - especially if you make a background and pose them on it Laughing
Back to top Go down
ACL

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone working on??   What is everyone working on?? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 8:12 pm

Well yay I mean frame, them is oki but I can´t put them up on my walls in my room, -_- well just one side. I did a pillow case of Sora but I was thinking turning my Orochimaru in to some sort of bag or maybe a pillow case, and some sort off bag of the L I did. Well Ryuk will probably be a pillow case, so lots of pillow cases for me
^-^
I just like the idé of having them more then just framed it seem so boring for me. Maybe I should do a quilt or something like that I was or am planning on doing a Kingdom Hearts quit of the organization 13.

And just now I need to buy a DMC floss Card List so I can get the colours I want, they look good on the comp but not in real life I hate it. Well I know were to by them at least. Just need the money =)

Well the refrigerator magnets was a good idé just need to fine the stuff and buy, not really that easy to find the suff in Sweden sometimes, or more I don’t know were to look.
Back to top Go down
max-the-rabbitything

max-the-rabbitything

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone working on??   What is everyone working on?? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:01 pm

A quilt would be fun, as for magnets all you would need is some adhesive backed magnetic strip. You can find that at a hardware store. Then just stitch something on plastic canvas (for sturdiness) and put a cut piece of the magnetic strip on it.

Beside that, I can't think of anything else
Back to top Go down
DawnMLC

DawnMLC

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone working on??   What is everyone working on?? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 1:31 am

I put my finished cross stitches in frames mostly because I tend to make bigger pieces!!
My bleach sampler i plan to take in to get professional framed because of the size...plus they will do a better job then me. But I made scissor fobs...bookmarks...put them on wooden boxes. I have made magnets-- but I picked up my magnet sheets--sticky side from a craft store or you can also reuse those old ugly magnets people seem to give you too. I use normal aida to make my magnets too!!!

I'm still in the process of making my son his anime quilt!! I hope to complete before he graduates highschool. hahaha

There is an online colour card-- https://1337xstitch.forumotion.com/tips-tricks-f6/dmc-floss-card-list-t69.htm - I haven't had any problems using this on here. You get a better idea of what colours look like....but I also check via my huge stash.(sister in law says I own my own personal store.)

I have site that tells you different things you can do with your projects-- but i'm on my laptop-- and its not bookmarked. I will try and find it tomorrow sometime.
Back to top Go down
Eryn

Eryn

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone working on??   What is everyone working on?? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 7:32 am

well, I only stitch to give away and then it's kinda up to the other person how they want it^^
My very first crossstitch is hanging framed in my grandparent's dinning room. My next assortion of small stuff is framed since I got the frame with the pattern and all. They are in my mother's winter garden.
The next one was stitched onto a bag and my next work (the Flonne pattern from this site) will be given to a friend and I'll ask her how she wants it^^
Back to top Go down
Deejay Beta
Admin
Admin
Deejay Beta

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone working on??   What is everyone working on?? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:30 pm

I just finished little mojo's luffy that I was suppose to have done by Christmas (whops delayed present). I took it up to get it framed because I though I would get it professionally done because it was a present and it cost me around 60 dollars for just a frame with no matting or anything special. I had no idea it was that expensive. I have always framed my own pieces unless the where weird sizes that i couldn't find frames for, I guess I will have to make sure I can find frames before i stitch something, I'm not sure i can shell out that much cash to frame something every time. Now that Luffy is done I can get back to work on my FFX logo stitch, though I think I am going to take a small brake from stitching to recover >.<

As far as pillows and pillow cases go I have never tried stitching one, but wouldn't they be uncomfortable to lay on the stitching?
Back to top Go down
http://kairi-chan16.deviantart.com/
Zaraphena

Zaraphena

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone working on??   What is everyone working on?? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 5:09 pm

I would think it would depend on what type of floss you used for the pillow. I DEFINATLY wouldn't use the shinies. That would be painful. The normal cotton wouldn't be bad, but the satin might even be pleasent. I've heard of silk floss before, but I've never seen it in a store. THAT would be nice to lay on. XD
Back to top Go down
Deejay Beta
Admin
Admin
Deejay Beta

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone working on??   What is everyone working on?? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 5:12 pm

hmmmm Yea but can you imagine how many times silk floss would slip out of the needle?
Back to top Go down
http://kairi-chan16.deviantart.com/
Zaraphena

Zaraphena

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone working on??   What is everyone working on?? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 8:25 pm

Deejay Beta wrote:
hmmmm Yea but can you imagine how many times silk floss would slip out of the needle?
I double my floss and tie off the ends. Don't have that problem XD
Back to top Go down
Eryn

Eryn

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone working on??   What is everyone working on?? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:14 am

I still wouldn't want to rest on my own stitchings. I am too much of a neat-freak when I put so much effort into it.
Though I think I could give a pillow away...then it's someone elses...
Back to top Go down
max-the-rabbitything

max-the-rabbitything

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone working on??   What is everyone working on?? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:01 pm

Zaraphena wrote:
I've heard of silk floss before, but I've never seen it in a store. THAT would be nice to lay on. XD

The Joann near me sells a set of 18 half skeins of silk floss for a whopping $40 Shocked
I was tempted to get one with a half off coupon, but honestly, it really doesn't look that special.
-fun side note- they started carrying it last summer and stocked about 8 sets, as of last week only one's been sold Laughing

regarding the use of cross stitched pillows, mine are pretty soft (made with cotton fabric and cotton floss) and seem like they'd be comfy to lie on. However I've never made one larger than 25cm, so I really can't say for sure.
Back to top Go down
DawnMLC

DawnMLC

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone working on??   What is everyone working on?? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 12:09 am

I wouldn't buy it either- The cost isn't worth it to me!!
Just wondering if it knots easily-- and if the knots come out easy like the cotton floss!!

If you do get a knot(cotton floss)-- here is a simple way to get them out!!
If you get a knot--loop kind.... stop right away!! Stick the needle in the center of the loop and gentle pull side to side then gentle tug-- repeat if necessary. I get 99 percent of my knots out this way!! Smile I don't fear knots anymore!!!!
Back to top Go down
ACL

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone working on??   What is everyone working on?? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:54 am

My pillow is 40x40 cm but the cross in not that big, and super nice to lay on. But I don’t have it in my bed right now.

It alls depends on how small the knot are. Sometime I don not see them before it to late but they always seem to end up on the back side of the cross,

I never use the silk we do have some, I believe and god just look at it I seem like a devil work. But we got it by second hand like the most of the floss I have.

And thanks DawnMLC for showing the floss chart, I did help a bit or a lot. ^-^

Hum.. I was thinking about the cost, I don’t really know how much the silk floss cost here, I know if I buy cotton floss in the store it cost 14 sek and like (1.9 dollar or something like that) the special like glow in the dark is 2 dollar (18 sek). I don’t like the price, but oh well it depends all on how much you need for the moment. I can get it cheaper on the internet if it more then 10 colours I need.
Back to top Go down
Zaraphena

Zaraphena

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone working on??   What is everyone working on?? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 12:38 pm

max-the-rabbitything wrote:
Zaraphena wrote:
I've heard of silk floss before, but I've never seen it in a store. THAT would be nice to lay on. XD

The Joann near me sells a set of 18 half skeins of silk floss for a whopping $40 Shocked
I was tempted to get one with a half off coupon, but honestly, it really doesn't look that special.
-fun side note- they started carrying it last summer and stocked about 8 sets, as of last week only one's been sold Laughing

regarding the use of cross stitched pillows, mine are pretty soft (made with cotton fabric and cotton floss) and seem like they'd be comfy to lie on. However I've never made one larger than 25cm, so I really can't say for sure.

Holy sh!t, there is NO WAY I'm payin' $40 for A skein of floss. NOT HAPPENING.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone working on??   What is everyone working on?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is everyone working on??
Page 1 of 1